1. New guidelines from the British Thoracic Society are about to be published so now is the time to refresh your NIV knowledge and skills. Delegates can expect 45 minute stimulating and interactive hands-on sessions including:
2. A short presentation NIV introduction: benefit, indication and contraindications.
3. What to consider when selecting a NIV ventilator (leak adaptation and compensation).
4. Selecting the right patient interface NIV masks – types, pros and cons, correct fitting.
5. The opportunity to see “live” changesof distribution of ventilation inside the patients lungs using Pulmovista our innovative EIT technology.
Delegates can expect to increase their awareness of the setting up and trouble-shooting of NIV during these sessions and will have the opportunity to discuss any other ventilator questions with the Draeger team at the meeting.