This will be a hands on workshop providing practical refreshment on the technique and updated safety equipment options available to the health care professional carrying out these procedures.
The hands on workshop will be proceeded by a short introduction on:
- Indications for a tracheostomy (PDT technique)
- Increased safety features of PDT kits
- Types of PDT kits available. Not all PDT kits are the same!
The learning outcomes will be
- To gain insight into the options available for best clinical outcomes
- Practical experience with Standard PDT kits using manikins
- Practical experience with large patient PDT kits using manikins
- Practical experience with Griggs PDT kits using manikins